Peaches! Peaches! I just cant get enough peaches!
I just love peaches, and its not only because they are ripe and ready to eat and growing in my own backyard. It started when I was a kid in my family home. My dear neighbor had an amazing white peach tree and he would give my family peaches every summer. From those peaches we would make the most fabulous peach milk shakes. A peach milk shake is peaches and vanilla ice cream and that is it. The simplicity, the flavor, the texture of the little bits of skin-It is just beyond amazing!
I have grown up a bit beyond the milk shakes and today would additionally like to share a recipe for a Peach Tomato Salad. Peaches and tomatoes complement each other so well. You will need to try them together this summer. Combining them with Burrata cheese is just cheating, but also a must try. Enjoy the season!
- 2 cups baby arugula or spring mix
- 2 large heirloom or slicing tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2 large peaches (I prefer yellow for this recipe), sliced into wedges
- 1 round of Burrata cheese, drained
- Balsamic glaze*
- 1 sprig of basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Arrange arugula on a platter and top with alternating wedges of tomatoes and peaches. Pull apart the Burrata cheese carefully and nestle chunks in between the fruit. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and finish with a sprinkle of torn basil leaves, salt and fresh ground pepper.
- If your not already a fan of Burrata cheese don't sub-in mozzarella find the real thing get it and use it. Burrata is a creamier mozzarella and well worth it.
- *I purchase my balsamic glaze from Trader Joes. It comes in a convenient squeeze bottle and is ready when you need it. Anyone who has reduced balsamic vinaigrette with all its pungent aroma s will embrace this product and not miss the lingering stink.
- 1 Peach, sliced
- 2 large scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Add peach slices to blender and mash with a wood spoon. Top with scoops of vanilla ice cream and again mash with the wood spoon. Blend until smooth and share with the one you love.
- The peaches supply all the liquid you need to blend these up. If you want a thicker shake drain off some of the peach juice and save for a cocktail before adding ice cream.